7/22/07

DAY TWENTY-SIX

Back to work and more of the same. This one job requires me to print out 250 sets of tabs and then separate them into 15 piles of tabs. Good work if you can get it, but it's pretty damned boring. Stew and Josh kept talking about this one guy's name, Jack Manis, at work so much that I started visualizing this politically incorrect, hard boiled private eye. I started a story called Die Another Death and it's pretty damned funny and offensive at the same time. I have another one in the works called The Adventure of The Corn Nut Nigger. It sounds offensive and might be, but it's not what I'm shooting for. I envisioned more of a blaxploitation kind of thing. If I was black I seriously doubt whether it would offend anyone. Maybe I'll balance it out with his sidekick being the Hormel Honky or something. Too soon to really tell.
Left work and shortly after that I was stunned to hear from Stew that he was being let go at work. Fuzzy on the details so I will have to see what I can do about that when I get to work on Monday.
Doctor Who was a new episode and very enjoyable to watch. I thought it was pretty good, but my one complaint was that it always seems that The Doctor is always going to the same places. we didn't get that quite so much with the older Doctor. Oh well, it's still a great show.
Other than that the day was a Friday that I wish was a payday.