7/9/07

DAY FOURTEEN

For a while I was posting some historical factoid for the day. Then I realized that wasn't the object of this particular blog and stopped it. I will include anything that might affect me directly, otherwise I think I've killed that particular aspect of this set of writings.
Anyway, got up nice and early on Sunday morning. Made it to church before everyone except for Pastor John and his wife, Missy. Missy was making yummy breakfast sandwiches so that was good. Sunday school was concerning the book of Haggai. Haggi is one of the minor prophets in the end of the Old Testament. We were focusing primarily on the Jews not rebuilding the temple of God when they returned to Jerusalem. God put a blight on his people in the hopes that they would turn to him in a time of crisis. Didn't happen and after fifteen years he came to Haggai and gave him the message that if you put God first then all other things will fall into place.
There was a lot of really good discussion and I think it went pretty well.
Service was also good. John went into Chronicles for the message and I always like some good old fashioned Old Testament bible study.
After church we went to Little Caesars and got a couple of the five dollar specials and headed to Ramona Park where we were meeting Stew and his clan for some swimming.
We were there for a couple of hours and the kids had a blast. Of course, last time I remembered to sunscreen the top of my bald head, but not my face. This time I sun screened my whole head. That'll teach those pesky rays, I thought to myself. Would have been better if I had sun screened my neck. That's a little crispy.
After that we went home and everyone crashed for a couple of hours. We woke up to watch some FOX cartoons and I made crispy BBQ pork with rice for dinner.
All in all a fun filled day and a great way to beat the heat. Did I mention that the thermometer hit 99 degrees? Yeah, it was pretty hot.