7/24/07

DAY TWENTY-NINE

Mondays! Especially a Monday where my buddy Stew isn't going to be at work anymore. I'm not going to explain suffice to say it ain't cool and there is nothing I can do about it. Believe me I tried and it did no good.
So, that meant twice as much work to do and staying for two hours over my shift. This will be happening on a regular basis for a while. I see the overtime burning me out pretty damned quick. Even when we get a newbie at the shop it will take some time to train them properly.
So, got home and made some biscuits to go with the beef, rice and vegetable soup I made yesterday. The kids liked the biscuits, but there weren't many takers on the soup the second time around. I thought that was a shame because I thought it tasted better the second time around.
I have been trying to do pictures on my other blog, Divine Exploitation www.divineexploitation.blogspot.com, to no avail. I asked my buddies over at the Yahoo Group called Eurotrash Paradise and one of them told me to try Cyberlink Power DVD 7. It worked great so I will be able to get some stills from the movies I'm watching. Normally I just see what I can find over at Google, but some of these flicks are so damned obscure that it doesn't always fare well. This new program will make it a lot less of hassle.
Then we watched Hell's Kitchen. It's getting down to the wire and Chef Ramsay even kicked a guy off the show in the middle of service. It was fun to watch this idiot who really can't cook get the boot. I wasn't happy when Julia was eliminated, but that turned around when Chef Ramsay said he was going to put her through culinary school on his dime. Very cool move by the man. Only three more to go and then we get another winner. They are asking for applicants for the next season and I'm seriously thinking about signing up.
Got ready for bed and taped a special on Templar Knights that was going to start at 11:00 and I knew that I would sleep through. Hopefully, I can watch it tomorrow.