7/23/07

DAY TWENTY-EIGHT

Sunday started real slow. We knew that we didn't have any gas in the car to make the trek to church so we slept in. Watched some television. Really did as little as possible. I got up and made everyone breakfast and that went well. Then later in the day we finally got moving. I had to run to the store for gasoline for the mower and dryer sheets for Martha. Of course, now that Wal-Mart has turned into a supercenter they stopped carrying our favorite brand of dryer sheets. I think that Big Lots carries them so we will have to make a special trip to get them. The ones I did pick out smelled like bug spray. I was not real happy with this particular turn of events.

I turned a bunch of leftovers to a beef and rice and vegetable soup that turned out really well. There's enough there fr tomorrow's lunch and dinner if we want so that will make Monday a bit easier.

I did a couple of movie reviews. One for Mark over at CultCuts for Jess Franco's Macumba Sexual. Trippy flick, but so Franco that it works rather well for me. I did a review of Naked Massacre for my own blog. I burnt a couple of movies for Stew's birthday present. I'm still waiting for the DVD case to put them all in and it's making me thing it won't be here by Friday. I checked the Cable Access website to see when and how much the next class I need it going to cost. I am thinking that I might just shoot all my stuff through them until I can afford a camera. I really want to get the horror host thing off the ground soon so that it is in full swing by October.

I decided not to do the haunted house thing this year. What with Stew being let go and having to work extra and an upcoming promotion, I just don't think I would have the time. Oh well, maybe things will settle down next year. Have to wait and see.

Martha and I played Milles Bornes with Delia. She likes the game so maybe we'll have to play more often. Dan wanted to play, but he is a little young. How knows? Maybe we'll try it tomorrow and see how he does. I like card games because they go fast and there's no real setup.

Martha braided Dandelion's hair so she would have curls for school tomorrow. By then it was much too late to do anything but sleep and get ready for going back to work for a new week. Bleah!