7/26/07

DAY THIRTY-ONE

Another Wednesday at the print shop. With one man down we are much busier. It's only been three days of open to close, but I can feel then burn out slowly approaching. It will hit a peak and then level off where I get used to it, but for now, it's kind of wearing me out.
Wednesday means print time cards day.
The highlight of my morning was going to Daniel's open house at his school. His teacher seems very nice, but you can tell that the bitch switch lies close to the surface. With some of those kids that might be a good thing. Martha even pointed out to me that most of these kids weren't there because they were stupid. She was asking questions and most of these kids were mouthing the answers as she asked the question. They were there because they were deemed trouble makers. They were there because their teacher during the school year didn't know how to deal with them. We knew that about Daniel's teacher, but sent him to summer school anyway. It's good for him and the extra reinforcement of learning can't hurt. Besides, his teacher, not the one we saw, but the one that does English, thinks Daniels Cthulhu t-shirt is the most awesome thing ever. I was amazed at how young the summer school teachers are! Probably has something to do about tenure.
Anyway, Daniel was very well behaved and glad that we came. After we were done there the fuel light came on so we stopped at Meijer for gas. It kills me to spend 60 bucks to fill the tank of the behemoth. And we had some lunch before I had to go back to the grind.
After I got home it finally rained a little. Nice of it to wait until I got home. On the way home I stopped for some stuff I needed to make spaghetti for dinner. I also got a nice cantaloupe. I have to remember that if I'm lugging this stuff home in my backpack on my bike I need to watch how much stuff I get. My arms were killing me! It was funny that while I was at the store I was looking at ground chuck and this little guy came up to me and in the quietest, most respectful voice I have heard in a while said:
"Excuse me sir, but you're going to need to check you backpack in at the service desk."
I had forgotten I even had it on, I just grinned and said:
"Sure, thing."
You could see the tension just fall from the poor guys body when I said that. I really like looking like a biker some days. Poor guy.
So, I made spaghetti and garlic bread. For some reason we forgot the cantaloupe. If they don't devour it tomorrow while I'm at work we can have it then.
By then it was eight and I wanted to watch a movie from the new 50 pack I got for my birthday. I decided to watch it downstairs because if I went upstairs I was going to fall asleep. I decided on Peter Jackson's BAD TASTE. Always a winner. The kids watched it with me and the boys liked it more than the girls.
By then I was bushed and went up to bed.
This Bava book by Tim Lucas I'm saving for better be worth all this grief.