7/23/07

DAY TWENTY-SEVEN

Saturday and we hit the ground running. I took the kids to Judo because, well it's good f0r them, plus it would give Martha time to finish the last Harry Potter book. Dennis, Dan and Dandelion did first session. Dan made his partner cry. I'm not sure why because the new set up at the new dojo puts the Judo kids as far away as they can get and you have to look through the Karate kids. Dennis and Delia did second session and the day was just dragging. Now, during first session I ran to the bank and cashed mine and Dan's birthday checks and grabbed a little breakfast. Then during second session I was becoming bored as were the kids not on the mat. We went for a walk down to Avalon used books and looked for something to read. I love that bookstore. The second you walk in you can smell the old books. I looked for a few different authors and was coming up with squat. This happens quite frequently so I'm pretty used to it. I settled on one of the martian books by Michael Moorcock and we were on our way back to the dojo. When Sensei Joe left and the kids realized that their Sensei's were going to be Bob and Andy, they scattered for the hills. Can't say that I blame them.
On the way home we got some pizza and then went home. I had the kids do some chores while I did a few things around the house. Then I took a nap. I was beat. Later that night I watched a flick called Naked Massacre. I thought it would be a little more exploitative, but it turned out to be disturbing.
Saturday was pretty busy.