7/25/07

DAY THIRTY

Today at the print shop it was laminating day. This client wanted 700 sheets of paper laminated and the only way we can do it is with the old school pouch laminate. Basically, you have to insert each individual sheet into a plastic pouch and then put the pouch in this special cardstock folder and then send it through the laminator. Seven hundred of those can eat up some serious time. Afterwards, I made little spy notebooks for Dennis, Delia, Dandelion and Dan. Lately, they have been going on spy missions around the yard and I thought it would be fun to give them something to encourage that. Pretty basic, but they all thought they were cool.
Dennis helped with dinner by putting a roast in the oven before I got home. I told him to get the pork roast, but he took out the beef one instead. It was still just fine with sweet potatoes. Everyone liked it.
While we had the dogs out this little terrier neighbor dog made it into our yard. He was pretty fearless, but Mickey and Cassidy would have ate him given the chance so we got them inside fast. He trapped Sweetie outside and thankfully she is afraid of everything so she ran inside. The only reason he was on the loose is that another neighbor dog, Remy, is in heat. Remy is a sweet, little pit bull about a year old who's owners take rotten care of. Martha and I spend more time with that dog than they do. It's a shame because she's a good dog, but the first time she breaks loose and hurts someone they are going to have to put her down just because she's a pit bull. People are stupid when it comes to pit bulls. All dogs want one thing; love. That's it. There are no bad dogs just bad people who make the dogs act the way they do. Hopefully, Remy won't get pregnant because I would hate to see the puppies get hurt.
So, it's getting late and Dan brings me his spy notebook. He asks me to write something in the front page. Thinking nothing of it, I write: Dan The Man is a super spy. He reads it smiles and then asks me to put a box next to what I wrote. Still unsuspecting, I draw a little box in front of the sentence. He then takes the notebook and pen and looks at it for a minute and then checks the box and says, 'Well, that's done."
The kid is a hoot. What can I say?
I tried watching the second Bollywood flick I need to review for Dan Taylor and got through about a third of it before I was too tired. All this overtime is throwing off my schedule. It will be good for the pocketbook just bad for the rest of my life for now.
Oh well.