7/30/07

DAY THIRTY-FIVE

Another Sunday at The Waltz Compound and we are infamous for making those pretty busy days. This was no exception. Still recovering from the mad fun of yesterday's birthday party for Stew we made our way to church. Church was pretty empty. A lot of people weren't there this weekend. No Sunday school because none of my class was there. Matt went down to McDonalds to get breakfast burritos for everyone which was cool. I made the mistake of eating four of them and felt like a beached whale.
Martha sang with the choir and did a great job with the song. Then it was time for children's church downstairs. I was told that there was stuff to teach the kids, but I couldn't find it. I winged it with an episode of Bibleman followed by a little quiz to make sure that the kiddies were paying attention. They hated that part, but they were paying attention and got it all right. Then we went outside to shoot some hoops and then it was the end of the month so it was the kids' turn to do the offering.
After church we went swimming at Ramona Park. Dan and I built this elaborate lagoon with a huge city around it. Dan called it The Asian Empire. Gotta love that imagination. While we were digging we discovered this really big, gruesome bug. It could swim and walk and it could burrow through sand. It was about an inch and a half long. It's front end was these huge claws and looked real nasty. We captured it for a while, but when it was time to go we released it into the wild. I think it was a larva for something else. I'll have to check later to see what it was.
After swimming we went home to grab some lunch and then we were off to see the newest Harry Potter movie. Harry Potter And The Order OF The Phoenix. There were a couple of good trailers for flicks I wouldn't mind seeing. One was called 10,000 B.C.,real epic looking and quite cool. The other was for a thing called Enchanted. It looked hilarious.
The Potter flick was good. I have the advantage of not reading the books so I'm not bias about the films at all. It seemed a little rushed. The character of Luna Lovegood was the funniest thing in the flick. She did a very good job with the part.
After that we went and traded in my defective bike for a new one. I took it for a little test run and there was no grinding or brake issues. I hope it stays that way. If it defaults as well I might be looking into a different bike.
We also went to Target to get a new filter for the vacuum. Then we made our way back home and just hung out until it was time for bed. We sent the kids off with ,little fuss and then Martha and I went to bed. We watched MS. 45. I have always meant to watch this and never got around to it. It was very good and definitely a product of it's time.