7/29/07

DAY THIRTY-FOUR

Saturday! At first I thought we were going to take the kids to Judo, but no one wanted to go to Judo. Martha and I went out and got stuff for Stew's birthday party at The Waltz Compound. First, we ran out to the church and got a table and chairs for the shindig. We ran into the Sackett's who were cleaning up after the Vacation Bible School. It sounds like there were a lot of kids and they had a lot of fun. We couldn't make it because we had no gas or money to drive back and forth to church everyday. While the new house is fantastic, it is about a twenty five minute drive to church one way and the old '81 station wagon sure likes to suck the gas. After that we had some breakfast at Kap's Diner right down the street and I was amazed to see Angela there. Angela is Clayton's wife and Clayton's brother, Mike used to married to my sister, Denise. While we don;t associate with Mike, I like Clayton and I had no idea his wife worked right down the street from where we go to church.
We also stopped at Polderman's Florists so I could give Linc a copy of the newest L'il Jason comic and copies of a couple of Bollywood flicks I recently had to review.
Then we ran around getting stuff for the dogs and stuff for the party and stuff...well, you get the idea.
We got home in time to finish cleaning up and then Stew, Amy,Charlie,Simon and Addison arrived. We grilled burgers and dogs, Simon helped me make drinks for everyone and then the kids played like crazy. I know that Stew's kids must have been having fun because they cried when the found out they were leaving. It had been five hours and it felt like much less than that.
The only mishap was the kids were going down one of the many hills in our extremely uneven yard and Dennis plowed into Addison and knocked her into one of the cars. Dennis is thirteen and Addison is nineteen months old. It looks like she'll escape with nothing more than a bruise. She's a tough kid.
My kids gave Stew the Monty Python autobiography for his birthday. I'm making him a mega Jess Franco set and the case I ordered didn't arrive until today so, he will wait until much later, probably early next week before he gets his present I made.
After the party Martha suggested we take the table and chairs back to the church so, we did. Then we came home and were pretty tired.
It had been a great and tiring day.
I think Simon likes to help me do stuff when he's over. He played with our dog, Cassidy, for a while. He didn't get tired of it either. There's a boy who needs a dog, but until then he can come play with ours.