7/16/07

DAY TWENTY ONE

Sunday morning and the Waltz family is off to church! We got there and it was Jeff Sackett's turn to make breakfast so we got yummy croissant sandwiches and some fresh fruit. My Sunday School lesson was from the book of Zechariah and it concerned repentance. Always a good lesson, but we got sidetracked by the pope's announcement that if your church isn't Catholic it ain't a church. Then we had a group called Soul's Harbor come and sing at the church and they were good, but Martha and I agreed that they come off a little cold and impersonal when they aren't up on stage belting them out. Oh well, what ya gonna do?
After that we went to the lake and did a little swimming and played on the playground. I was pushing the kids on this huge round thingie that is attached by three bulky chains. As I was doing this I started counting and came up with five kids! Since we only have four kids this was a bit of a puzzle, especially since they all looked like mine to begin with. Anyway, I spotted the extra and reminded myself to make sure she didn't accidentally come home with us.
Until I saw her cow of a grumpy ass mother come bark at her and take her away. After that it would have been just fine for her to come home with us. Some people really get on my nerves.
After that we went home and got some food and watched Puss N Boots with Christopher Walken as Puss. Interesting idea and it was fun to watch.
I managed to get a blog done for my friend Curt Purcell for the book; Spider #4: Death And The Spider. It was a little thrill getting my stuff published somewhere else. Especially Curt's blog that gets so much traffic anyway.
Then I had to take Delia back to church so that she could go with Pastor John and his wife Missy. They have a horse farm and she's going to spend a few days out there. I'm a little nervous, but I'm always a little nervous when my kids are away.
When I got back home I watched an older episode of Doctor Who with Martha. It was The Pyramids Of Mars with Tom Baker and The Doctor's companion was Sarah Jane. A really clever episode. Then it was time to hit the hay.
Sundays are always so busy.