7/12/07

DAY SEVENTEEN

Wednesday. Time to get to work and print the Pfizer time cards. Not a huge job, but just annoying. Then, remember I mentioned yesterday that I lost the feeling in a couple of my fingers yesterday? Yeah, it started hitting my whole hand. This freaked me out and being little bit of a hypochondriac I started assuming that I was having some sort of brain storm. This is bad. Bad enough that I went to immediate care to see what was wrong.
The doctor seemed like a big doughy idiot woman. She said if I got any of these other symptoms that I should go immediately to the Emergency Room. So, as we were leaving I started developing those symptoms. Figures. Anyway, the whole thing knocked me out and made me tired so, Martha took me home and I took a little nap on the couch.
After my nap Dennis made pork roast. I helped a little, it was good stuff, but I think I ate too much pork fat. I'll be paying for that tomorrow.
Then we decided to go to the store. Te heel of my left hand was still a little numb, but we picked out some stuff and I decided to grab the ingredients to make cookies for tomorrow's open house. Making cookies seemed to calm me down somewhat. I played Frisbee with the kids in the yard, helped clear some glass from the neighbor dog's area near her dog house. Remy is a pit bull and a good girl. Thanks to Martha she has some semblance of training, but her actual owners are idiots when it comes to dogs. Good thing Remy has us. I noticed her dog food dish was full of some nasty, dirty back fat or something just as gross so, while I was cleaning up the glass I had Delia go and get some dog food and put it in her dish. Remy has food issues so I made sure to get that done while Martha was giving her a little walk.
After the cookies were done I made coffee for the family and we had a cookie and some coffee. It's a carmel blend so it went quite well with the cookies.
Martha decided that she wanted to fold the mountain of clean laundry so I helped her while I watched a show called Code Monkeys. It looks like an 8-bit video game and is done on the video game channel G4. It's quite crude and funny. I might have to give that a go more often.
After folding and putting away our clothes we hit the sack.
It was a day that started out pretty stressful, but ended on a good note.