7/13/07

DAY EIGHTEEN

I decided to restart up my Qigong exercise routine today. I got up early and did the entire routine and then got on my bike and pedaled my way to work. The heat has been gone for a couple of days so it was a nice ride. My youngest daughter, Dandelion, let me borrow her backpack that has much better shoulder straps than the freebie from my previous job at Ameritech has. That coupled with sleeping in my own bed has eliminated that pesky hand numbness that plagued me for the last couple of days.
I brought chocolate chip cookies to work and they were enjoyed by all. I make a darn good cookie if I do say so and that was proved by their conspicuous absence by the end of the day. I got an hour of overtime because we had that open house going on. The smoothies were good and there was no added sugar so I sucked down about three of those things in various fruity combinations. The ladies at the open house were nice enough, but I still had that whole, 'fishbowl on display' feeling about the entire event. Oh well, what are ya gonna do?
I got home and we got ready to go to Judo . Martha and I took Dandelion with us because she is a trouble making instigator and the house runs smoother with her not there when we are not there.
Our regular Sensei, Chris Snyder, wasn't there and for some God awful reason, the guy who actually owns and runs the dojo, Bob Treat, decided to help Sensei Joe run the class.
Yeah, if I wanted mindless exercise I would have stayed in high school gym class. We did learn sliding foot sweeps which I started to get the hang of, but my energy levels seemed a little low. Probably the restarting of my Qigong along with two twenty minute bike rides. I had already exercised three times that day and I was working on my fourth!
Afterwards we stopped at Meijer to pick up some needed stuff and Martha wrote the check over so that we could get some yummy fast food for us and the kids still at home.
After food we went outside and fed the dogs and taught Sweetie to catch the frisbee. Mickey and Cassidy have no desire to catch the frisbee. They prefer the tennis ball. I think tomorrow I'm going to teach Dan how to throw the frisbee because I could tell he was getting frustrated that he couldn't toss it directly to the dog like I could. It should be fun.
By then it was late so we all headed to bed. Martha and I ended the night with a game of Scrabble and I actually won! I never win against her at Scrabble. The rule is if she wants to win we play Scrabble. If I want to win we play Trivial Pursuit. If we don't care we play Mille Borne which has a higher variable of pure luck and draw of the cards going for it.
Quite a busy day. Tomorrow is pay day and we're taking the kids to see the new Transformers movie.