10/8/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND TWO

The week is over! Friday and the end of my overtime. It will be good to get out at a reasonable hour. Get home and do stuff instead of coming home, make dinner and watch a little television before bed. I am so looking forward to next Monday.
Work was a blur, just get through it so it can be done. The only true bright spot in my week this past week has been going out to lunch with Martha everyday. We had errands to run and refrigerators to buy and it was a busy week and she wanted me along for it. So, we had lunch everyday this week. It was very nice and I wish it was more affordable so we could do it every day. Oh well, it was a lot of fun and very nice.
ON lunch today we went to STIR MAX, a Chinese buffet restaurant that we love. I ate too much, but it sure was good. Next to the restaurant was a comic shop called Fanfare that I have been going to for decades. I thought it would be fun to look around and what should I see? New issues of a Howard the Duck miniseries and a Super Villain Team Up miniseries! It was like Marvel made comics for me again! They were both pretty good. The only problem I had was they don't let Howard smoke. The comic is rated adult and Howard isn't from around here. I think the pussies at Marvel could let him smoke.
So, after work I got home and we headed off to The Art Hop in downtown Kalamazoo. Actually, we just went to The First Baptist Church because they were having two performances by an improv group that we really like called Crawlspace Eviction. It was fun and when they asked for a volunteer from the audience I was surprised to see Dennis' hand shoot up. They got him on stage and asked him about his day. OF course he went over his entire day class by class because he had school today. They did this cool, nightmare thing about how rushed and crazy his day was. It was very funny and it was cool seeing Dennis up there having fun.
After that we went home and ordered pizza from Pizza Masters and watched the season finale of Doctor Who. It was a good wrap up of the entire season and left a pretty funny cliffhanger for the Christmas episode.
After that was Flash Gordon and I had missed the last couple of episodes because, well I was sick of them being on Earth all the time. This episode took place primarily on Mongo and the guest star was Sam Jones, who played Flash in the 80's movie. Cool stuff.

No comments: