10/24/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY

I was so nervous riding my bike on it's new wheel to work. It felt funny, but it got me there. I'll probably forget about it in a short time. Of course, in a short time I will be off the bike due to weather. A mild winter would hit the spot right about now, but we have had too many of them in a row so I plan on us getting hit pretty hard this year. Thankfully, work is within walking distance.
Work was fine, nothing new.
Went home and waited for the littles to get off the bus. Dan was excited because it was his pack meeting and he had a free meal coupon at Qdoba so we went to Qdoba before the meeting.
The pack meeting had the popcorn kickoff. Yeah, I do not see how we are going to be able to sell any popcorn. The work staff is so small and church has already been hit with kids selling the stuff. Sure, we'll buy some, but it ain't gonna be enough. I'll have to talk to his den leader about it because the end of the sales are in the beginning of November. Martha seemed upset and mentioned that he won't be able to go to summer camp. Yeah, we can stretch things and just pay for camp no sweat.
The Catholic thing still bothers me. That Hail Mary prayer just seems to be idolatry at it's finest and the whole Father, Son and Holy Ghost crossing oneself, yeah just doesn't work for me. Martha said to be ecumenical about the whole thing so I am trying that.
In the end Dan had a lot of fun at the meeting and was around a lot of boys his own age and that is what truly matters in the grand scheme of things.
Went home, ate a banana and hit the sack after burning some DVDs.

No comments: