10/17/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN

Work was a little hectic with lots and lots of printing with a defective machine. There was a tear on the fuser roll so we had to keep checking the quality of the prints on a periodic basis. What a pain! Got everything done that I wanted to get done however. Bought the boss a few things with Tinkerbell on them for Boss' Day. she liked them a lot and was very happy to get them. She is a great boss so why not show her my appreciation. Especially when so many bosses in the world can be such massive assholes. It's good to find a keeper.
Got to leave a little early for Daniel's first scout meeting. It was misty rain outside which messes with my glasses, but I made it in plenty of time. The den is huge. Seventeen boys. I can remember when I was a den leader for Dennis' den and we have maybe six kids at the most. I am very glad that I am not den leader for this pack of crazy kids.
Now here's the odd thing; It was at a Catholic School in downtown Kalamazoo. Before the meeting they said The Lord's Prayer. Good deal, right? Then at the end of the meeting they were praying to Mary, mother of Jesus. Um, yeah, I'm not going to be able to join in on that little prayer. Martha told me to just say my own prayer and not be a trouble maker. I went with that. Dan had a lot of fun with a bunch of new kids his own age. He was a little confused when they start the prayer with crossing themselves. I caught a glimpse of him giving them the, what are you crazy?, look. It was pretty funny. I'll have to be sure to go over the whole prayer issue with him when we get home.
Afterwards we went to Target because that is the only place to get the new release of Transformers The Movie in the Optimus Prime DVD transforming case. That's right, you heard me. The DVD case transforms into Optimus Prime! How cool is that?
After that we went home, made some dinner, Martha and Delia went to choir practice and I watched The Chicken Chronicles. It was Steven Guttenberg's first movie and I saw it originally in the theaters in 1977. It still holds up really well.
Not a hugely busy day, but active. I was beat by the time it was time to go to bed and sleep.

No comments: