10/21/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN

Tried to sleep in today but I was up pretty early anyway. I finished watching CREATURE FROM HILLBILLY LAGOON and you know what? It was not bad. It was a B movie pure and simple and you need to watch that stuff once in a while. The naked women looked like real women and the people acted wooden and it was a little cornball, but you know what? The creature was more than adequate, the shooting was done very well and it's like all those other B movies. Remember Roger Corman? H.G. Lewis? Charles Band? They made the low budget stuff with laughable effects, horrid acting and non existent plots and now people think they're classics.
After a while I went with Martha shopping. We picked up some diet friendly groceries and other things that we needed around the house. Got home and fed the kiddies lunch and then I set about concocting this spaghetti sauce that was in my Reversing Diabetes cookbook. I must say that it was very tomato-ey. All the flavors stood out and the only complaint I got was that it wasn't salty. Guess the family will have to salt it. Tried the whole wheat pasta and it has a bit of a different texture, but I liked it. The kids ate bowlfuls of it and they liked that I grated fresh Parmesan Cheese for it. I froze the rest of the sauce for later. I also made the cake in the book and some ids liked it and some didn't. They were surprised when I told them that it had zucchini and carrots in it but it didn't stop them from eating it.
We watched Monster Squad while we had dinner and the kids loved it up to the end where Frankenstein gets sucked into the vortex. Dan looked like someone shot his dog and all the kids agreed that it was the worst ending of a movie ever. Yup, that's my kids.
We also watched an episode of Dr. Dreck and he showed the kids' drawings on the air. They all thought that was pretty cool. The movie was Devil Bat and Dan managed to watch the most of it. he always ran back in the room when Dreck came back on. If Dan had his way there would just be a show with Dreck and Moaner and Stu and he would be happy with that.
I like the new direction the diet is going. Sticking to it means no more medications for me in the future. I pretty happy about that.

No comments: