10/4/07

DAY ONE HUNDED AND ONE

Still no sign of my medications. Yippee! As I mentioned before I have had it with this way of treating my problem. I don't want a treatment, I want a cure. I got a nice email from Donna Lucas of Video Watchdog fame explaining how she and her husband, Tim, beat cholesterol with heavy doses of Niacin. She sent me links for the book they followed as well as where to get the Niacin. I'll be ordering the book very soon. I want to absorb the first book I ordered and it hasn't arrived yet.
Our temp got her pass at work so my overtime is nearing an end. After Friday I can go back to those lovely hours of 6:30 to 3:00. I'll remember what my wife and kids look like. Yaaaaa!
After work I got home and changed the tire on the minivan. The steel belts were showing so I put on the full size spare and now we need to make a trip out to Boven's. Best place in the tri county area for used rubber. Twenty seven bucks and the even balance the tire for you.
Dandelion decided she had to cook food so she decided what she was going to make. Scrambled eggs and blueberry pancakes. We had to make a trip to the store to get a few things. I picked up this new gum by Icebreakers called Center. It's sugarless and has mega doses of ginseng and vitamin C in it. They also had a mint called Restore that has vitamins A,C,E and Zinc in it. Plus it's Lemon and Pomegranate flavored so it's yummy and also sugar free.
The big surprise arrived in the mail via Netflix. That's right it was the first disc of LANCELOT LINK! If you don't know who this is, I feel sorry for you and direct you to wikipedia.org where you can see what you have been missing.
The day felt short, but that was because I spend all that time at work. That will be over as of Monday and I am so happy you have no idea. Plus it's nice to know that I have internet friends like Donna Lucas. Her husband Tim wrote a book on the fantastic director Mario Bava. It's entitled, MARIO BAVA, ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK. It's an amazing book that I have myself and am slowly reading my way through. Donna did some fantatsic graphic work in the book and if you head on over to http://www.bavabook.blogspot.com/ you can see what I'm talking about and order one for yourself. Thanks for the advice, Donna. That meant a lot to me.

1 comment:

Donna Lucas said...

Thanks for the plug Doug!

In case anyone else is interested, the book on the Niacin treatment is called Cholesterol Control Without Diet: The Niacin Solution available at http://www.cholesterolnodiet.com/. Once you take the Niacin in the high doses outlined in the book your cholesterol will go down to normal numbers in as little as one month. You have to keep taking it daily if you want low cholesterol for life. Still, it's cheaper than drugs, and you should also do it under a doctor's supervision. My doctor is only recommending 1 blood test a year for me now, instead of every 3-6 months. And my numbers have been ranging between 143 and 176 for years now. I astounded my doctor! Good luck Doug!

Donna Lucas
Video Watchdog