10/10/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND SIX

On the way to work the chain slipped off my bike. Made me more than a little nervous, but I walked it into a lit parking lot and was able to get it on with minimal difficulty and be on my way. I wasn't even late for work. All around a good thing. Work was work. Went to Subway for lunch and got the veggie sub. Since I will eat any vegetable my sub is always huge. I definitely get my money's worth compared to the picky eaters in the world. Plus, that fat free sweet onion sauce is great! After work I pedaled home and took all the taco fixings from the night before and made a huge platter of yummy nachos. The two littles didn't want any, but the rest of us sucked them down like we were starving. Good stuff!
Then I was whisked away to the store by Martha to get all the things I needed to make peanut butter cookies for the church revival this week. I made a little over a hundred cookies. Martha and Delia and Dandelion all helped so it went pretty smooth.
Martha went to Walmart while we were all away at work and school and got some things for the kitchen. Paring knives, coffee mugs, a couple of really nice, huge tea cups for her and I to sip evening tea out of. Plus some flexible cutting boards and a bunch of other things that were really needed in the kitchen. She also made some delicious banana bread that we had with coffee.
My buddy, Michael Legge sent along some new Dr. Dreck episodes for us to enjoy. I watched CASTLE OF THE LIVING DEAD with Christopher Lee and DOnald Sutherland and had forgotten what a grainy, low budget affair it was. It kind of reminded me of an Andy Milligan flick and it was wild seeing Lee and Sutherland so young.
My medications finally showed up today and I was torn as to whether or not to take them. I realize that my doctor has my best interests in mind, but I know there are options I would rather explore. Unfortunately, my book I really need to guide me on this hasn't shown up yet so I have to wait for that before I get the cure in motion for this whole thing. In the meantime, I'm being a good little droogie and taking my meds as prescribed. Yippee for me!
Tomorrow starts church revival. Gonna have big, busy stuff going on until Sunday. I really hate being busy. At least there will be lots of yummy food and good company for the entire thing. Friday night is movie night and I thought I would get some Marx Brothers to show the kids. Or Three Stooges.

No comments: