10/23/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND NINETEEN

So, I'm on my way to work. Nice enough morning. I get about a block from my house and I notice that some thoughtful citizen of Kalamazoo has seen fit to small a Olde English forty ounce glass bottle on the sidewalk. I quickly and effortlessly navigate the carnage, pedal five more feet and then I hear the gunshot.
Only it wasn't a gunshot, it was my rear tire. Nice. Immediatley upset I walk back to the house, crippled bike in tow. Martha is unhappy, but takes me to work anyway. The work week is off to a fantastic start, ain't it?
Oh well.
After work she picks me up and we head to Walmart for a tire tube. Not too pricey, six bucks. I get home and start taking off the rear tire. Both of the bolts are coming off no problem, but the tire is not coming off the rear spokes. I wriggle and hammer and yank on the thing and it won't budge. Finally, I notice a thrid bolt that attaches this little arm thingie to the frame of the bike. Yes, I am a moron, thanks for asking.
get the third bolt off, take off the tire, seperate tire from rim and set about putting the puzzle back together. It all goes together rather easily which surprises me more than a little bit. Then I inflate the tire...
Did I mention that the previous tire tube had exploded? The rubber of the tube was ripped like a blast went off inside the tire. Well, it seems that when that happened it blew through the actual tire and now the new tube was peeking through the blown tire.
Back to Walmart. Martha wanted to look for kites for Dan while we were out and Walmart had none. We decided to check Meijer so I didn't spend the fourteen bones for a new tire at Walmart. Meijer also had no kites, but they did have a tire for my bike for eight bucks. Good for me! It's not a whitewall and the tire doesn't match exactly, but for now, it will be fine.
Reheated 15 bean soup and italian bread for dinner. None of the kids would touch the soup. Tomorrow I will drain the excess liquid and mash and refry the beans to serve in corn tortillas. Gonna need some salsa for that yummy dish. They will all eat bean burritos so this should be a no brainer for them.
The new episode of Prison Break was great and left me hanging. This is the first time in a long time that I have stuck with a show this long. They keep making it interesting and I don't feel like they have jumped the shark yet. I liked how they were all over the map last season and now this season, they are firmly rooted at Sona Prison. Of course, because of the world series, I get no Prison Break next week. Yea for me. But they have promised a two hour event for the following week which leads to the question;
Do I tape Prison Break or Heroes?
Prison Break will run at the same time as Heroes and I watch both shows. Heroes hasn't been all that great lately, but I've read comic books that meandered more than this show and stuck with it so, I'll do the same with Heroes.
Couldn't sleep afterward. Stayed up to late and will probably pay for it in the morning. One more day of antibiotics for my nonexistent bladder infection and I'm still have problems. Guess I'll be going back to the doctor again. While she is quite nice I hate going to the damned doctor.

No comments: