10/9/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE

The first Monday in a long time that I won't have to work all damned day! Yippee! So,work meant nothing to me today. I did my stuff and got it done and left at three, washing m,y hands of the place. It felt great! I got home before the littles got off the bus. I had already told Martha that I would help Dandelion with her homework now that I wasn't working overtime. So, Dandelion had no homework! Seems they are having MEAP testing this week and no homework for the kids. Dan is too young for the MEAP tests so he still has homework. After homework I read Dan a Solomon Kane story entitled The Skull In The Stars. He thought it was great. The other kids drifted in and out, but I heard them listening too. I have the entire Solomon Kane collection and will read him the whole thing. Well, there are a couple of story fragments that I won't bother with. It will just confuse him.
After story time Martha and I went to the store and picked up breakfasty stuff and the things I needed to make tacos at The Waltz Hacienda. The tacos were yummy.
Then it was time for the double threat of Prison Break and Heroes. Prison Break held my attention more than Heroes did. For a third season of a show with a pretty thin premise, they are doing a great job keeping the viewer engaged.
It felt good to get home at a normal time and do things with the family that weren't all rush, rush, rush. I had been feeling pretty depressed lately, well for me anyway. I don't depress easily. And I think this normal shift is going to feel much better.

No comments: