6/2/08

DAY THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-EIGHT

Friday! End of the wekk! Wooooooo! Around one in the afternoon I got to go to my kid's elementary school to watch the Spring music program. Dandelion got to play her violin in the band and they played Queen's Another One Bites The Dust and We Will Rock You. How did it sound? Like you would expect, but you could see that the kids were putting their all into it.
Then Dan got to sing with a plethora of kids. They did about five songs that told of the joy of reading. I have to say I'm always a fan of that. They did this cute little green screen presentation between songs and Dan got to be in that as well. Very cool.
After that I went back to work for a little while and then it was time for Harvey's. Yea! Beer Friday!
And then the ball dropped.
Guess what is no longer on tap at Harvey's? That's right, my precious Guinness is gone! Waaaaaaaaa! I tried the Kalamazoo Stout. Wasn't the same. Tried Guinness in a can. Nope, not the same. Then there was Guinness in a bottle. Disappointing to say the least. So, what was left? I switched to Old Style for the rest of the horrid evening.
After that we headed to get pizza for the kids and then it was tiem for Doctor Who. Very good episode.

1 comment:

Denis Sheehan said...

it is amazing how disappointing it is when you belly up to your watering hole only to be told that your favorite is no longer available. I hit my local aching for a Smithwick’s only to be denied with, “All of our taps are down…”