6/3/08

DAY THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY-ONE

So, first day back on the bike. The tires are too narrow and the handlebars are weird, but you know what? It sure beats walking! So, I officially love my new bike! Now, if I could convince the city of Kalamazoo to stop taking concrete cutters to all the roads I use to get to work. It was a definite journey to get there. Tomorrow will be better.
Work was busy. Overtime starts up again and that is good because with the price of gas we can sure use the money.
After work I pedaled home. The route was easier and I made pretty good time. I got home and found my free copy of Sirens Of Cinema waiting for me. Just for pimping the mag on the site I got me a freebie. I love freebies. We put the kids to work because they have definitely been slacking on the chore front. After that Martha and I went to the store and bought many, many things for food and whatnot. It took a while and we still made a huge quantity of tacos when we got home. I love home made tacos with the refried beans and all the yummy vegetables.
Speaking of vegetables I got this idea for this new slaw/salad that I'm going to try tomorrow. Lots of fresh vegetables and yummy goodness. We'll see how that turns out. I think it will be fine because I will eat any type of raw vegetable out there. A lot of them turn to crap when you cook them, but I loves me some raw veggies.
After that it was late. Kung Fu Hustle was on television so I turned that on before conking out for the night.
The bicycle makes me tired and my legs will be screaming at me, but they will get used to it again and I am just glad o have wheels under me again.

No comments: