6/6/08

DAY THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY-FOUR

So, back to work and the bike ride was fabulous. I have been down loading these podcasts by Ken Plume and Dana Snyder over at Quick Stop. They are better than the Smodcasts in my humble opinion so, I will stick with them for the time being.
Work was work, with one exception;
Tracie was off doing something when I was told that our new temp was waiting in the lobby. Ever one to meet and annoy new people I said I would go get her. Yeah, it turned out that it was a temp that we had already fired a while ago. Now, to get the full effetc here you must realize that behind the security desk of Pfizer is a glass wall that has a hallway in it. Anyone walking down this hall way is fully visible to the people in the lobby. I hestitaed for a moment and considered fleeing for my life, but she had already spotted me. Damn! So, I told her that I had to get Tarcie to come and get her.
Yeah, as soon as I was clear of the glass walled hallway I beat feet back to the print shop.
Tracie made the security guard send her packing. Man, that was a weird way to start a day! Seems that she had applied with every temp service and they didn't know she had been previously fired from the position. The rest of work sort of paled in comparison to this wacky start.
My bike ride home was not nearly as hot as I thought it would be. Seems we have a heat wave on the way.
When I got home I disocvered that the girls had already made tracks for their freiends' houses and Dennis was on his way out the door as well. That left me, MArtha and Dan The Man. So, we headed for McDonalds for some dinner and then over to Meijer to pick up some essentials.
We got home and hung out for a little while and then it was time for sleeping. Yeah, except the upstairs was roasting and I was in no mood for it. I grabbed a sheet, some pillows and my alarm clock and headed for the downstairs. As soon as MArtha moves some stuff I will put the downstairs air conditiner in, but we need a little one for the upsatirs as well, I'm afraid. Too muggy and hot for yours truly. And it isn't even August yet!
I also discovered that Dan's ice cream party at school is next Wednesday and that is when my physical at the doctor is. Guess I'll be changing my appointment for that. No big deal.

No comments: