6/12/08

DAY THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY

Man! Three hundred and fifty posts! I would like to say that this year has flown by, but nothing could be further from the truth. Sixteen more posts and then I'm done with this daily chronicle. Part of me will miss it, but the rest of me will be glad to move on to other things. I figure that once it's done I will leave it up for a year or so. I plan on trying to get it published so I might post about those trials and tribulations as some kind of appendix to the journey.
So, work was work. We were supposed to get a new temp and their drug test didn't come back yet so they have to wait. Dan the man had an ice cream party for the end of the year and Martha and I volunteered to help out. Now, Mr. Brown, Dan's teacher never gives these guys sugar. Never. Today he was like, eat what you want, but when you throw up you're done. He also said that the person who ate the most would have the most fun bus ride home. The man is funny. Made me laugh. So, an hour of getting sticky later and I went back to work where I did some stuff, but not a lot of stuff. Got things done that I wanted to with the exception of this one PDF file that I can't get to reduce in size. Kind of making me a little crazy. Funny how the old equipment that everyone was always grumbling about was the stuff that managed to get the job done. Funny how that works, isn't it?
Anyway, after work I went home, mowed some lawn, washed some dishes and thought about what to make for dinner. Played some more Wolfenstein and finally got to these monsters that are uber creepy. We'll see how that goes.
Martha and the kids got home and we ate food and got ready for bed. I put in an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 for sleep since there was nothing on television to watch. The bedroom was a little hot, but not too bad. It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow, but we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: