6/2/08

DAY THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY

Sunday! Didn't make it to church. Stayed in bed a little while longer. I got up and made everyone breakfast. Then it was time to head for the beach for Dan's graduation ceremony from Scouts. Yeah, we were late for that so we didn't bother going. We still went to the beach. It was funny because it was the first of June and Martha and I knew that the water at Lake Michigan would be Arctic, but the kids were awfully excited about the beach. Yeah, it was funny to watch them scream when they hit the water. They all still played in it, but they didn't stay in it very long.
Then we walked down to the pier and showed the kids the little lighthouse at the end. They didn't seem all that impressed. Too bad. They did like the huge ship that went down the canal. Looked like a pirate ship.
After all that adventure we headed back to Kalamazoo for Chinese food at King Wok buffet. We were all starving by the time we got there. They had us sit in the back and the cool part was when a bunch of the people who worked there came out with steaming platters of food and sat all around us and had some lunch. I think what they were eating looked better than what we had, but what are ya gonna do? It was a very cool atmosphere to eat in to say the least. And it seems that they have a new sushi chef. The sushi looked different and tasted much better than usual.
Then it was time for home to sit and digest.
I finally got a chance to watch No Country For Old Men. One of the movies that I was really looking forward to and the most disappointed it. It had some spots that I liked, but overall, I didn't see what all the hubbub was about. If you are incapable of giving a film a satisfactory ending then don't bother making it. If I want realism and slice of life situations I will watch the news. I wanted a good movie and I got crap. Just one big disappointment.
After that I went to the park where Martha and the kids were flying kites. Not much luck as the wind had died down, but they had fun anyway. I tried watching Weasels Rip My Flesh, but I was too tired.
I get to ride my bike tomorrow, that will be cool.

No comments: