6/20/08

THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-EIGHT

Thursday and the week is almost over. Tomorrow is Dan The Man's birthday and he will be the big eight! Very cool! work was work. I brought some leftover red beans and rice for lunch and they were yummy. Started feeling a little crappy before I left work. The bike ride was nice, to a point. There were these three kids on the new trail and the biggest, fattest and stupidest one, this was all the same kid by the way, got in my way and I had to stop my bike and go around him. I did call the little fucker a dipshit however and his friends thought that was funny. Nice of the youth of America to ruin something as simple as a bike ride. Well, not the youth of America just this one jackass kid who could use some form of Weight Watchers. So, that left me in a foul mood for the rest of my bike ride. I think if I spot him again I'll just ram the dumb shit.
There,that's better.
Anyway, Dan The Man helped me make dinner and we had cake from yesterday for dessert. Martha made it from scratch and it was quite yummy. She thought it was dry, but I thought it was great.
Dan and I played some Wolfenstein and then he set up his Heroscape board and we played, Dan's rules of course so it was over pretty quick and he won. That's alright. I didn't care. Tomorrow is his birthday for crying out loud!
Anyway, that was it. Felt like crap, went to bed and have to go to work tomorrow. Josh left work early because he was sick so he might not even show tomorrow. Have to wait and see how that goes.
Time for the sleepies.
Ooops! almost forgot the news for the day. Here's what Yahoo has to dish out;

Gas Stations Nix Credit Cards. First, I'm surprised at the usage of the word 'nix'. Doesn't seem like one that pops up all the time. Second, seems that the credit card companies charge a percentage of sales for their fees. we all knew that credit cards were bad and now here is the proof. The good news is that it seems that some gas stations will give a discount for cash paying customers. This time next year you'll need to pay with chickens. Sound unreasonable? I think not.

And from the wide wide world of CNN:

McCain Attacks Obama For Opting Out Of Public Financing. Yeah, so the guy isn't going to use the taxpayers money to try and get himself elected? It seems that this has been in place since the seventies. I really had no idea how it worked. Seems that Obama is getting people to donate cash over the internet and cutting out the big payouts from the special interest groups that are always getting involved in politics. Good for him. Of course McCain will complain about this. He'll also probably still use our money to try and get elected. OF course, if Obama does get elected he'll get shot in less than a year. Not a threat, more of a realization of the narrow mindedness of others. By the way, I know nothing of ;politics so take all this with a grain of salt. Okay?

No comments: