6/25/08

LAST DAY

You like that? Since I screwed up the numbering thing I decided this would be the best way to go out with a bang. Tomorrow I turn forty-six so this blog is then null and void. It has been a long year and there are a few things I have learned;
First, falling off a bike hurts a lot regardless of your age, but it's good to know Judo so that you don't scrape your face off on the pavement.
I also learned that author Brian Keene is a knee jerk, reactionary dipstick that jumped to so many incorrect assumptions that I wonder how he manages to function. I also realize that his wife was pregnant at the time and that will make any man crazy.
another thing is that time is funny. Some days seem to stretch out for weeks while others speed by in mere minutes. It's good to savor each and every one of them. Like someone said, Today is a gift, that's why they call it a present. I think the really old turtle in Kung Fu Panda is where I heard this last.
Another thing is that your kids really do grow up too damned fast. Get on the floor and play with them before they don't want to anymore. That part sucks.
And if you want a year to actually feel like a year then blog about it every single day and that will make it seem like a much longer period of time.
Today I went to work and did stuff. A lot of the stuff that I always do. Then I didn't work overtime, but went home to spend time with my family. Martha was very tired so she went to bed and slept for a long time. I played Stronghold Crusader with Dan The Man. That game is hard, but I keep plugging away at it.
I watched television with Dandelion and played with her kitty. The two older kids were away at Missy and John's house when I got back so there was no time to be spent with them.
Our bedroom was a blast furnace so Martha and I slept downstairs. That woke me up at about two something and I went to sleep on the more comfortable bed.
It was a a laid back day and I was glad for it.
In closing out this year I would like to thank the people who rad the blog on a regular basis and are upset about its demise. It was an interesting experiment and one that I'm thinking of repeating...when I'm Fifty. Yeah, I think that might be an appropriate length of time. Once every five years.
This one will be compiled it book form in the near future and I'll be back to properly pimp that when it comes out. Who knows? It could be my ticket to fame. People have written about weirder stuff that gets published and becomes a media darling so, until you see me on the Today Show, hopefully with that Ann Curry woman, have a great life.
I'm going to.
Seeya!

No comments: