1/31/08

TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Okay, the Arctic wind I mentioned yesterday came on us liek a vengeance here in Michigan. Five hundred schools closed across the state and we got a pretty big state. With the wind chill it was around negative fifteen degrees outside.
Yeah, so I decided to walk to work.
YEah, I know, crazy, but I had on sufficient layers to make sure I was warm and toasty. I had my huge scarf and really warm gloves so, coupled with my beard I had part of one cheek get a little chilly. Not to damned shabby if you ask me. Plus, I had my mp3 player so all was well in the winter wonderland we call Michigan.
Besides, I'll let you in on a secret.
I wasn't the craziest person out in it yesterday.
Picture this, it's cold as I mentioned, there's snow and the wind is hitting around forty miles an hour. Thankfully, I had the wind at my back. As I get downtown I see the one thing that clinches that I wasn't crazy for walking.
There on one of the main streets of Kalamazoo which is also a one way street, headed the wrong way down the street is.....a guy on a bicycle.
Yup, just when you think you've done all you can to get the crazy award, along comes some crazier bastard to snatch it from your hand.
Work was okay and I managed a little overtime which is always nice. Savannah gave me a ride home which was very nice of her.
I got home and did the dishes, made a huge steaming pot of chicken and noodles which was yummy and Martha and I put the boys' furniture back in their room. After all that busy I made a choclate cake which was a big hit and then Martha and I went to bed and watched RESIDENT EVIL:EXTINCTION. I thought it was pretty good and really would like to see how they manage to pull off another one. They left it open for one and I, for one, can not wait to see what's next. What can I say? You get gtore, zombies and the incredibly hot Milla Jovovich. Doesn't get much better than that in movie land if you ask me.

No comments: