1/2/08

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-SEVEN

New Year's Eve. Yeah, we spent a lot of time at home doing very little. Watched some television, read a little, spent time with Martha and the kids. That was about it. Then we all realized we were starving and Martha wanted to go someplace with sit down service so it was off to Applebee's. Yeah, I know it's a chain restaurant, but we all like it. I was disappointed that they had taken my favorite comfort food off the menu. Chicken Fried Chicken with garlic mashed potatoes, but what are you gonna do. They did have Bell's Two Hearted Ale and we had a nice waitress with a cute British accent so, that was fun. Dan thought it was cool that his root beer came in a bottle and he pretended it was beer. He cracks me up.
Afterwards we made our way out to church to celebrate the New YEar coming in. There was a service and singing and Dean played his dulcimer. That part was really cool. Then it started to snow and it was getting nasty outside and the kids were creeping into jerk town. They got a little too rambunctious. The food was good though as it always is.
We made our way home and I got my annual top ten list of films done for Penguin Comics. afterwards I realized that I forgot two films so I'll have to go back and add them into the mix, but what are ya gonna do? Then it was the countdown to midnight. Delia was the only kid still awake. Dick CLark looked awful, but good for him to have the cajones to still do the show.
I have made a series of resolutions for the upcomign year, but refuse to list them to prevent jinxing the whole affair. Wish me luck, faithful readers.

No comments: