1/27/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN

Friday and it's payday! Whoopee! That means Harvey's On The Mall and pints of Guiness. Martha showed up to get me at three and all the kids excpet for Dan The Man were with friends so the three of us went for Chinese food before we had to go pick up Dennis to watch Dan while Martha and I went out for drinks.
Before I get too far, did I mention that I walked to work today? well, I did and about halfway there the cold really started getting to me. Now, I'm not a sissy or anything, but it was really cold! My mp3 player was in full Smodcast mode and that was cool, but I was freezing. I stopped at McDonalds for some coffee and breakfast to see if that would help. It actually made it worse. My hands were getting frozen!
I made it to work and started the warming up process. Then I went online to see what the temperature was.
Yewah it was negative two degrees! That explained a lot. The keeping warm process coupled with the walk made me useless at work, though.
Anyway, Martha and I went for drinks. We brought the new girl, Savannah and Josh from work. Josh, mastermind that he is, forgot his wallet and this was the one time they decided to card him. To be fair, she carded all of us. Josh only stayed for about an hour and then he and Ellie went to go to her dad's house.
Savannah stuck around and we had some drinks.
Then it was off for home. We had a busy day planned for tomorrow so we needed the rest.
Did I mention there was Guiness? Yup, good stuff that Guiness.

No comments: