1/10/08

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY-SEVEN

So, my alarm clock died the other day. I did find this online alram clock that works pretty well. Martha told me to turn it up all the way so I could hear it. Yeah, that was a little too loud. It went off and scared all the dogs. It was actually pretty funny.
I did my Qigong, hpped in the shower and then got ready to go to work. I started the car to give it warm up time and then was just sort of waiting on Martha to take me to work. And then it got a little later and she still had not descended from the upstairs. I decided I had better see what the hold up was.
There she was on the bedroom floor doing something with Rufus' new tank that we got him last Saturday at the Reptile Show.
Rufus' is our pet corn snake and it seems that he managed to get to the top of the tank and get stuck to a piece of duct tape that was up there. See, the tank had a small hole in the back and we didn't want him to escape so, I used some tape to seal the hole. I had no idea that snakes stuck to duct tape. And he was stuck on there good. So, sweating bullets we used little scissors and carefully cut away as much tape as we could without bothering the snake. He still has a little tape on him, but thankfully, snakes shed their skin quite often so, the tape should be gone in the near future.
What a way to start a morning.
Wait, it gets better.
Martha and Dan went to scouts this afternoon and I walked down there to meet them. Martha was ticked! Seems that she went to pick up Dennis and he didn't come out there to meet him as he always did. Fearing the worst, she left and went to get Dan. Then she found out that Dennis had decided out of the blue to stay after school to help tutor his friend. Yeah, kinda picked a bad day for that one. Martha says he's grounded for life. So, when I got to the meeting she had to run back home to meet Dandelion getting off the bus. By then Dennis was home and goofing off. She put him to work and brought Dandelion back to the scout meeting.
Delia was going to a friend's house and she was supposed to call when she got there. She didn't and now she's in trouble as well. Scouts was fun. The boys got to make bubble gum racers and they raced them down this makeshift ramp that the guys put together.
After Scouts we ran hiome for a quick bite to eat and then it was off to Judo. Judo was fun, but the kids acted like jerks when it wasn't their turn on the mat. Fun, fun!
After Judo we went home and everyone who was hungry ate something while the rest of us got ready for bed. Martha and I watched SHOOT 'EM UP for bed. I really like that flick.

No comments: