1/20/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND SEVEN

Saturday and lots to do! We went and got new tires on the car and she runs like a dream. After that we went to Colonial Kitchen to get some breakfast/ Dan ordered blueberry pancakes and the waitress made a smiley face with cherries and a half slice of pineapple. She used the scoop of butter as a nose.
I thought that was cool and then looked away for a second. When I looked back the nose was gone and Dan had a horride face. I asked him where the butter went and he said,
"I thought it was butter."
I had to try really hard not to laugh out loud.
After breakfast we went and paid the guys at Muffler Man for the brake work. Then we went shopping! We actually took it pretty easy and didn't get out of hand or anything.
Later that night we went with our friend Dawn to a place called Wild Bull Saloon. I was happy because they had Guiness on tap. We sat at this thing that surrounded the mechanical bull. Dawn kept getting Martha to try it and she finally did. She liked it and she was very good at it. When she fell she even remembered to slap like we do when we take Judo falls. Our sensei would be proud.
Man, the place was crowded! I had so many women pressed up against me that I felt a little naughty, but I wasn't. One young lady fell in love with Martha's long hair and my bald head. If she wasn't sroking Martha's long hair she was rubbing my bald head. Then she made us do the group hug thing. Like I said...friendly. She also informed us that she was not drunk. Yeah, that's pretty much a sign she was wasted.
There were some big women that got on the bull and I started feeling sorry for the poor thing.
On one of my last trips to the bar for a Guiness a lady decided she need to touch my beard. I get that a lot so I let her have a go at it. She was pretty lit as well.
There was a almost fight that never got going. The place is huge. It has three bars and a couple of spots where you can buy beers and there was a live band and a mechanical bull. The place was busy.
I did think it was odd that the band played The Violent Femmes 'Blister In The Sun'. I even got a laugh when I yelled,
"That ain't no Hank Williams Jr. song!"
The woman to man ratio in the place was about four or five to one.
Dandelion called once to tell me she threw up but she was fine and just wanted to sleep downstairs. I told her to go ahead. Conversations were held in the bathroom otherwise I coudn't hear the phone.
A little after midnight we made our way to where we parked the car and it was cold! If it wasn't covered my clothing or beard it felt like it was burning.
We made our way home and hit the hay. Had to get up early tomorrow for church.

No comments: