1/3/08

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-NINE

So, five o'clock in the morning comes pretty early in these parts. Got up and layered my clothing properly and put on two pairs of socks. Got out my old scarf and I was bundled and ready to go. We had gotten a lot of snow. The kind you measure in feet. Well, maybe a foot and a half, but that's still a lot. Thankfully the roads were plowed and the traffic was nonexistent. Unfortunately, it was too damned quiet so tomorrow I'll bring a CD player. I have got to get me one of those MP3 players. Probably when I get paid next week. I do like when the world is covered in white, fluffy snow. It takes all the rough edges off the planet and makes everything look clean and white.
Now, if I could get rid of this horrid head cold and what appears to be inflamed sinus condition. Hurts to breathe through my nose and it's giving me a mother of a headache. A headache right behind my face. Blech!
Work was slow motion. Josh and I gave Tracie her belated Christmas present and she loved it. I was glad that she hadn't gotten it already for Christmas. That would have sucked.
After work I wanted Martha to come and get me so we could go to the store and get the much needed groceries for the house. Yeah, that didn't happen. The ski ramp commonly known as our drive way had been shoveled by the boys, but they didn't quite get it. Dan The Man worked his seven year old butt off, but Dennis finished it in slacker fashion. You'd think he was a teenager or something. On my trek home I picked up a bag of salt to cover the driveway with. Now, you would think that a measly little twenty five pound bag of salt would be no big deal. I mean I bought it at Felpausch and then it's only about a mile and a half home. Surely, a big, burly forty-five year old like myself would have no problem with this task.

That damned bag of salt kicked my ass.

Every few steps I had to stop and rearrange the thing and it kept getting heavier. But, I was on a mission and refused to stop. Thankfully, I had the foresight to buy a bottle of water while I was at the store and that helped quite a bit. The oddest thing was that I felt better out in the cold hauling this dead weight back to The Waltz Compound then I did all day. My headache was gone, my sinuses didn't hurt and, apart from being slightly winded, I felt pretty damned good. Weird, huh?
After I finally made it home I salted the driveway and started the beast. Martha, Dandelion, two of the dogs and I made our way to Sav-A-Lot. Dandy and I did all the shopping and I thought we managed to do a good job. I made everyone mini pizzas for dinner except for me. I had chips and salsa and sardines packed in mustard. Man, those things are good. Kind of a bonus that they are good for you. We watched Balls OF Fury and it was pretty funny.
Then it was time to hit the hay. I did manage to get my qigong workout in there which was nice and I feel asleep to Michael Legge's HONEY GLAZE. A truly funny flick.

I am going to be sore tomorrow. Mark my words.

No comments: