4/16/08

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY-FOUR

Tuesday and more of the work at Ye Olde Print Shoppe. We are moving the shop in like two weeks and everyone and their mom are putting in orders. Not a good time to be swamped with a huge project on its way. After work I biked my way home and started dinner. Baked chicken with various side dishes. Yummy! After that Martha and I took the littles to the store and we did a little shopping. Chicken was on sale so I got some of that, but there was also a fantastic sale on pork loin. I got a really nice one for seven fifty. I have plans to roast that puppy. While we were at Meijer I decided to pick up my prescriptions that I had dropped off. They said that they had restocked them because it had been six days. I mentioned that it was the sixth day and they kind of shrugged and said they would refill it and it would be ready in ten minutes. I went and did a little more shopping and when we went back, Martha reminded me I had a coupon for a ten dollar off purchase that I had left in the car. I ran back to the car to get it and ran back. The young man and the register said that if the coupon didn't ring up properly in the checkout to come back and see him. Needless to say, it didn't, so back I went.
He apologized profusely and gave me the ten dollar off coupon for future shopping and threw in a twenty dollar coupon along with a few one dollar ones. If you take the cost of my prescriptions they were basically free. Very cool for what started out to be a shitty visit to Meijer. Don't even get me started on the return line. See, I had this can of frosting that when I opened it it looked horribly wrong. We brought it along to the store and I was going to return it while Martha and the littles returned bottles. Yeah, the line had six people in it and there was one guy at the customer service desk and he was helping someone who looked like they were trying to spend their life savings on lottery tickets. I chucked the frosting in the garbage. To illustrate how bad it was, remember the prescription thing? Yeah that took place about fifteen minutes after this and when I walked by the customer service desk to the pharmacy one of the people that I had been in line with was still in line! Yeah, I couldn't do it for a cup of frosting worth a buck fifty. Martha was mad at me and I understood why, but I just couldn't justify burning that much time for a buck fifty. I think the massive coupon thing helped soften that blow a little.
After Meijer we headed for the gas station. It was there that I discovered that the van has a thirty-five gallon tank in it! Yeah, I had to stop at a hundred bucks and it made me weep a little just typing a hundred bucks for gas just there. There are a lot of people getting very rich off the sweat of the average person on the street and I for one am kind of sick of it. According to The Jetsons I was supposed to have this cool, flying car by now. What happened to that?
Then we went home and I got my amazon sales set up and copied one of the flicks that I really want to keep.
After that Martha and I hit the hay and I fell asleep trying to watch this movie.

No comments: