4/29/08

DAY THREE HUNDRED AND SIX

Monday and back in the saddle. More overtime, but with the Motor City Comic Con on the way I'm not complaining. Sure, I would rather be doing something else, but who wouldn't?
As for my recent epiphany, how has that been going? I quit Rancho Carne so as soon as I fulfill my obligation I'm done with that. I recognize that I still swear, but am taking the necessary steps to get that out of the way. And I am excited about this Friday because I am on my way to ordering a book that is the first step in realizing my dream of opening my own coffee/video store. Opening a business, any business, is a serious matter so I have no problem taking this one in baby steps.
After work I pedaled home and had four or five spokes shear off my back tire. The bike is unridable in it's current condition. I told Martha when she got home and I emailed the company to see if they would be willing to replace the wheel since I have had the bike for less than a year. Here's to hoping that goes well.
My buddy Stew hooked me up with a new DVD burning program that works great on those hard to burn files. I burnt the flick STUDENT BODIES and started watching it with Martha. She got tired and I paused it so we could finish it tomorrow. I am really happy with the DVD program. Stew is a great pirate.
While I am upset that the bike is knocked out of commission, I realize that it will either get fixed or I will buy a new one. I bought it last year and paid ninety bucks for it. Sure, I couldn't ride in winter, but I got quite a few months out of the bike and I'm willing to bet it was waaaay cheaper for me to ride that than pay for all the gas it would have cost to get me to work. I think I'm back to hoofing it for a little while until I get back in the saddle.
I saw a commercial for this thing called a TRIKKE that looks like fun. Maybe I'll see about getting one of those. Yeah, I'd get a helmet if I got one of those. Thing looks like I could hurt myself pretty good on that thing.

No comments: