8/31/07

DAY SIXTY-SEVEN

The ride to work was much cooler. The temperatures came down enough in the night that I wore my fleece on the way to work. The bike rides in the morning help me to relax before I get here. It's quiet, nothing but me and the streetlights. Oh sure, there's the occasional motorist and then there's the group of guys that hang out in front of Roots Spring Scraper. They are just shooting the shit and lounging in chairs in front of the building enjoying the nice quiet and coffee in the cool morning air. I have no idea what they do there, but they are there everyday. I'll have to make it a point to see how they deal with Winter. Probably stay inside and huddle near a heater with their coffee.
So, work was more of the same. Did the finishing touches on this huge job that takes forever to do. This is the second site so I have five more sites to go. Yea!
After work we all got into the new van and headed for the land of school supplies. Dennis and Dandelion got a new zippered binder. For Dennis, the most disorganized boy in the land, this is a good idea. Dandelion just wanted one and they were pretty cheap. Dan got this little pouch that is full of pencils and stencils and a compass and other cool stuff that he said he needed. Delia got a bunch of notebooks and the three littles got pencil boxes. Dennis got a new backpack and they had this one strap over the shoulder one that looked pretty cool and the one I use is falling apart so I traded up and got one of those. K-Mart had a sale on shoes and Dennis has grown out of all of his so we got him a size 10 1/2 Wide!! He's only thirteen. By the time he reaches eighteen he's going to be seven feet tall! Delia wasn't happy with the backpack assortment so we are going out again after work to finish the quest of the school supplies. Should be fun, no not really, but it needs to be done. Delia also needs shoes so we'll be on the lookout for those as well.
We had to beat feet back to The Waltz Compound because people were coming to get the three littles for vacation bible school. The guy driving let out a girl who I assume to be his daughter, she looked about thirteen. Martha was on the front porch with Mickey the dog and when he saw her he headed right for her! Now the rule is that you never run from a dog. Stand your ground, show no fear and dominate the pooch. That's what Ceasar Milan says anyway. This girl ran for the car and dove through the window! Martha told me about it because I missed it. Her dad was laughing something fierce.
While the littles were gone I made dinner, smoked sausage with macaroni and cheese and green beans. I figured since I had oatmeal with cinnamon and flax seed for breakfast and brown rice with Mrs. Dash and a slice of flax seed foccacia bread for lunch, I could have something like this. Yeah, I was wrong. I ate tool much and felt bloated. And to compound that my neck has been killing me. I need to get to the chiropractor and get taken care of. I'll email Ray and see what kind of openings he has.
The kids got home and we watched Who Wants To Be A Superhero. They eliminated the annoyingly gay hero, Parthenon. I was glad to see him go. Not because he was gay, just because he was annoying as Hell.
I made popcorn for that and we all watched the show.
After that it was bedtime. Martha and I watched some David Tennant clips from The Graham Norton Show and it was hilarious. I stayed up too late again and will pay for it in the morning. Just can't seem to sleep.

No comments: