8/21/07

DAY FIFTY-SEVEN

The news of my Monday seems horribly irrelevant at this time. Late in the day I received a email from Patti Stanley. Patti is my friend Larry's wife. Larry is the editor of Penguin Comics on the Internet. It's a site that discusses movies, comics, books, trading cards and whatever else Larry wants to talk about. I have written for Larry's site for years and have always had a good relationship with Larry.


There is something wrong with Larry. He has been hospitalized for quite some time and for a while things were looking good.


Then I got this email from Patti. Seems that Larry has taken a turn for the worse. The doctors say he probably won't last the week.



I never got a chance to meet Larry in person. I talked with him on the phone a few times and corresponded with him constantly via email. Now, it looks like meeting him is going to be out of the question in this lifetime. I really hope the doctors are wrong.

I have been praying for Larry and Patti for so long that it seems like second nature. I see no reason to quit now.

No comments: