8/28/07

DAY SIXTY-FOUR

The last day of vacation. I love having Mondays off. It makes the rest of the week seem to fly by a little better. We were supposed to go to my dad's house this morning. He wants help selling a bunch of his crap online. He's got like twenty years of Playboys and a mint condition ET picture disc. That should fetch a pretty penny and even if we sell the Playboys for a buck apiece it should be a pretty good sale for the old man. But, Martha was feeling poorly so we postponed until tomorrow.
This meant that it was time to laze about the house. Yeah, right! I wrote a review of issue two of Madame Mirage. Great comic and the artwork is astounding. I wrote a review of the South Korean flick CINDERELLA. I packaged up a bunch of DVD's I sold and got them ready to ship tomorrow. Then it was clean the kitchen time.
For some reason, these pesky fruit flies decided to nest in the kitchen and I am sandblasting everything, not really, to see if I can get them, out of there. Wish me luck. After cleaning the kitchen I took a break to see how Martha was. She was the same. Oooky. Then, I was going to mow some of the lawn, but decided to clear a bunch of overhanging branches in the driveway. Most of them were pretty easy, but there's this one behemoth that is only coming down if I climb this tree. I don't mind climbing trees. I'm still pretty nimble and I have always been a tree climber from waaaaay back.
Yeah, I should have done that branch first. By the time I got up the tree with a saw and started hacking away at this thing I was pretty damned pooped. I got a decent cut in it, but there is still a long way to go. Maybe I'll be brave and get up there again this upcoming three day weekend. We'll see.
After that Martha and I had to go over to friends of ours from church, Bruce and Helen. They had a garage sale and there was this computer they didn't get rid of and they said that the boys could have it. Yeah, this thing is a mess. It was in pieces, but Martha is the techno geek so maybe she can fix it.
By the time we got home because Helen likes to talk, I think that she doesn't get a lot of talking in during the day so she was glad for the compnay, it was time for dinner and I decided that were were having chili. I had a loaf of Vienna bread from the store and some cold Rolling Rock in the fridge so it was like fate decided it for me.
We ate chili and watched the Tom Baker Doctor Who in his first appearance. It was called ROBOT and it was very good. After the chili the gang demanded chocolate milkshakes. We still had a ton of ice cream left from Delia's birthday feast so, I made milkshakes.
Then it was time for bed.
Yeah, right. I couldn't sleep to save my butt. I watched some Food Network and burned the Doctor Who disc so I could send it back to Netflix and still, no go. I finally nodded off around midnight. This is pretty late for me so I know I'll be feeling it in the morning.

No comments: