8/11/07

DAY FORTY-SEVEN

Today is the day! I woke up early and hopped on the Internet to order...THE BAVA BOOK! They are supposedly to be shipping them on August 21st. I feel like a kid at Christmas. Work was a little hectic. I had to cut a bunch of stuff because Josh was being flustered with the cutter. It just takes practice, a lot of practice, but just practice. After that, it's a piece of cake. I had a big print job that is being sent to the building next to ours. That means I got to put together a few heavy boxes for the mail room guy who I swear avoids whatever work he can.
I was pleasantly surprised when Martha called me early on in the day. She had taken Dan to the dentist and they were done. I decided to take an early, long lunch. She and Dan picked me up at 10:00. We went to the store and I picked up some Omega-3 capsules. Earlier I had made my way to the Food Co-Op and picked up some ground flax seeds. There is no way I'm taking Crestor. I will just attack this thing by eating right and not being a pig. Plain and simple. We got Dan The Man a new Lego set for being brave at the dentist and then we were off to King Wok Buffet for Chinese food. It was yummy and I stayed away from the deep fried stuff and ate some really great salmon with my rice lo mein.
Then it was back to work and the day seemed to drag. I didn't want to be there past three o'clock, but I had to stay until five. Heck, I didn't want to come back after lunch to be honest. I wanted to spend time with my family.
Next week no more overtime. I'm actually planning a four day weekend for Delia's birthday. No idea what we're doing yet, but it should be fun.
I got home from work and we went out and bought more stuff. I got a replacement toothpick and tweezers for my Swiss Army knife. I thought the knife was lost, but Dandelion found it. I feel naked without that thing. Guess I must be part MacGyver or something. Yeah, right. A pretty small part.
We bought a bunch of other stuff and raced home because a new episode of Doctor Who was coming on and Martha thought it was on at it's normal time of Nine O'clock. They changed it to eight because the premier of the new Flash Gordon was on. Doctor Who was great as always. Flash Gordon...There was a lot of it I liked. You have to take it with the previous stuff. The comics, the old serials, the feature flick. And for a lot of it it felt right. They just got one thing horribly wrong. Ming. The actor, John Ralston, could do it. He has the right, angular face. He looks pretty damned sinister, but they left his hair blonde and kind of feathered or something. Ming need the skullcap. Ming needs the mustache. Ming needs to be pure evil. This Ming comes across as kind of a wuss. One bad thing and it's such an integral part of the whole concept that it could cripple the series as a whole. Other than that it was great fun.
A busy day and now the countdown until the Bava Book arrives. I will be sure to post pictures of it when I get it.

No comments: