8/17/07

DAY FIFTY-THREE

So, the big news at work was that Josh's mom got to go home. Seems that she's had problems in the past and it might have to do with the two pack a day habit. Funny how Josh can see what his mom is going through, but still smokes. People are funny, aren't they?
I decided instead of overtime to take a half day off. Couple this with the appointment I had at ten o'clock down at ye olde Family Independence Agency or FIA for short, and I wasn't at work a lot today. The appointment went horribly. I thought it was at ten, it was at eight. I was going to bike down there because it was so close to work, but I forgot my wallet. I had identification for everyone else in the family except for me so, Martha had to come and get me. My caseworker was very nice and that made a big difference.
I went back to work for about an hour and a half. I ate my lunch, leftover meatballs and rice, yum! And then biked it to The Waltz Compound.
Man, it was hot! I was dripping by the time I pulled into the drive way. I did a little cool down, made some grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone for lunch, had a little snack my self. Some demi baguette grilled with olive oil and a few meatballs with some low fat mozzarella cheese. I thought everyone would descend on my sandwich like locusts, but they left it alone.
Then, since I got home early, we went to the museum. They had animatronic dinosaurs which were very cool. Dan had the most fun, I think. Then there was an announcement that they were going to replay a broadcast from the space station with the lady who's up there right now. She was going to take questions from kids here on Earth. Man, the sound was terrible! You'd think with all the advancements in technology that they could get rid of that whole, shouting in a tin can effect, that seems to happen whenever we get communications from space.
After that it was home again. The kids cleaned the yard, I mowed part of the yard, Delia did the dishes and then I made some yummy homemade chicken noodle soup with biscuits. Very good stuff. I made the kids watch WAR OF THE ROBOTS with me. man, that flick was dull. Check out my other blog at divineexploitation.blogspot.com for more details soon.
After that it was time for a walk down to the gas station with Martha and Mickey the dog. Martha promised me soda for the walk, but when we got there I really didn't want a soda so, I got her a soda and a candy bar instead.
Stan Lee's Who Wants To Be A Superhero was on and I had the loser of this round picked the minute that Basura didn't help a lady find her kid. She was the only one who didn't help so, it was pretty obvious that she wasn't staying on the show.
See what happens? I take half a day off and it becomes the busiest day ever. Oh well, it was a blast and I had a lot of fun with Martha and the kids. Tomorrow is Friday so the weekend is coming up. Yea!

No comments: