8/20/07

DAY FIFTY-SIX

I got up early because I had to bake that French toast concoction I made the night before. Any worries were allayed by the fact that it was yummy. My first setback was I did not know I was out of aluminum foil and it needed to be covered for the first half of the baking time. A sheet pan took care of the problem. The yummy smell filled the house and then filled the car on the way to church.
The walnuts and flaxseeds on the yummy one baked into a wonderful crust that the other one was missing. I think that one was more popular than the other one. In either case none of it lasted very long.
After church we took the kids to Game Stop to trade in old games for new ones. Delia got a Banjo Kazooie game for her game boy. Dan got a Samurai Jack and Prince Of Persia game for his game boy. Dennis picked up Bloodrayne and True Crime for the Gamecube. When they guy at the counter informed us of the mature rating for blood and gore in Dennis' games, Martha said, that's what makes them so fun! It made the guy grin. And there was still ten bucks left over in credit! We'll save that for later.
Dandelion was still with John and Missy so she missed out on the trip. Afterwards we went back home and I gave the kids some free time before I made them do some chores. Their rooms looked like someone had detonated explosives in there so they spent a lot of time cleaning their rooms.
While they did that I did dishes and cooked some noodles for the lo mein I was making later. I also managed to get my Asian sesame meatballs finished as well. It all turned out well. I made sure the noodles cooled off and added garlic and olive oil to the pan before putting in the noodles and stir fry veggies. I cooked the meatballs separately and they came out really nice. Martha thought they were fantastic.
After dinner things were kind of laid back. Martha has taken the monumental task of putting together music for the entire family so we can sing and play instruments for The Violent Femmes' 'Jesus Walking On The Water'. we're going to sing it at church next week according to her. The first set she did for my saxophone went lower than I could go so she tweaked it and it sounds fine. She got the guitar tabs for her and the bass tabs for Dennis. She came up with notes for Delia to play on her mini organ that she has. The two littles can just shake a tambourine or something. It is shaping up quite well and I'm looking forward to playing it.
After all that we watched a little television. Gene Simmons Family Jewels was hilarious. especially the part where Gene accidentally glues a vibrator to his hand while he's hanging out with carrot top. Funny stuff. I wrote three reviews for some adult flicks and got them posted. After that I was beat.

No comments: