8/9/07

DAY FORTY-FIVE

Post forty-five of blog forty-five. Pretty cool, huh? My, but it is hot. Now, hot doesn't bother me all that much, but humidity...humidity sucks. We're currently at about 89 percent and it is horrid outside. Thank God I work in air conditioning.
At lunch Martha and I went and filled the car with gas and headed over to pay the electric bill so we wouldn't get that shut off. That's the thing that really sucks about the winter protection program. All winter long your bill is about 50 buck and then in the summer they jack it up to two hundred and eighty. Martha came up with a plan to pay about two hundred a month regardless of what time of year it is and then we'll be caught up in no time. Sounds pretty good to me. Two more days until I can order the Bava book! I am super excited. All that overtime the past few weeks have paid off. My check on Friday will be about three hundred more than the usual so, it won't bite into our regular spending at all.
I got approved to write reviews for another movie site. It's all adult films, but I can resell those at quite a lot so it will be like a second job. They let you review ten at a time and with about three paragraphs per flick and the fact that you can watch a lot of these in no time flat it should be quite a money maker. Fun, fun, fun.
After work I baked my butt off pedaling home. Then Martha and I went to the store and bought stuff we would need for the house for a couple of days. I made some crab dip with some of that imitation crab and some fat free cream cheese. Threw some celery and carrots on the table with a seedless watermelon and some black bean and salsa bread and called it dinner. After dinner I started looking at the malfunctioning air conditioner and removed the air filter. Sort of. It had disintegrated in some areas and I gently wiped it off so as not to grind it into the coils. Then it was back to the store for air conditioner filters. Thankfully, those are about eighty-eight cents apiece so it wasn't too bad. And they're the kind you cut to fit so I bought three of them and three of them equals about nine filters for our unit.
I tried sleeping upstairs while the rest of the family were downstairs in the new and improved air conditioner. Martha, little trooper that she is, even tried with me. Yeah, she abandoned ship pretty early and I wasn't too far behind her.
Man, it is too hot!

No comments: