8/19/07

DAY FIFTY-FIVE

Since our sensei quit the dojo that we go to there was no getting up early and rushing the kids off to Judo. It's a shame because I like Judo. Hopefully, our sensei will find a new place to teach Judo before too long. It was a lazy Saturday, up to a point. We had a pot luck at church and I made a big batch of baked sweet potatoes.
After the concert the barbershop guys showed up and sang a bunch of songs for us. It was a lot of fun and I caught Daniel singing along with them. All the kids were good. The potluck was fantastic. Jeff and Sue made this thing that was chicken breasts layered with swiss cheese, cream of chicken soup and stuffing and then baked. I think I went back for thirds. It was very yummy stuff.
The whole thing got over at about eight o'clock. The fun thing was that I can listen to music and do other things so I hunted down some paper and a pen and wrote a huge chunk of my next chapbook. It's called, The Penultimate Machination OF Fu Manchu. It has been simmering in my head for a while now, but it wasn't ready to come out on paper. At church it came out with a vengeance. I stopped more because my thumb hurt from holding the pen than anything else. It is working real well. I already knew the ending and now the middle is falling into pl;ace. This is good because my cover artist, Linc Polderman, has finished the cover for the second chapbook, Attack OF The Creatures From The Unknown. After the concert we went home and the kids got ready for bed.
I started tomorrows breakfast because it was my nturn to bring it to church. I made a stuffed french toast dish using French bread, cream cheese and bananas. I sprinkled flaxseed and crushed walnuts on one of them to help off set the cholesterol from the eggs. It has to soak overnight before I bake it in the morning for an hour. I hope it turns out alright
This weekend has seemed to speed right by.

No comments: