8/14/07

DAY FIFTY

A little chilly this morning on my bike ride to work. A nice change of pace compared to the other day when the humidity level was 92% at six o'clock in the morning. I love riding my bike through town in the morning. Most people are still sleeping, the weirdos haven't crawled out from God knows where. That's my biggest problem with riding my bike to work. The ride home. You see I have been cursed with a thing called a freak magnet. It works like this; If I am walking down the street and there are ten people coming towards me and one of them looks like Rorschach from The Watchmen carrying his The End Is Near sign, guess who is going to want to stop and talk to me? Yup! Every damned time. It doesn't matter age, gender, political affiliation, race, creed or color. When the freaks come out they are looking for yours truly. Martha always jokes that I should run for office. I would win in a landslide because all the freaks would vote for me. Something to consider.
Work was a Monday. I had one job that needed to get done and I spent a long time making the cursed folder work so I would have to fold 800 sheets of 11X17 paper by hand. Thankfully, I am much more stubborn than the folder so I got it to work. Other than that I cleaned up the shop a little to make it look good for the boss. I also shrink wrapped everything in her office that wasn't nailed down. It seemed like the right thing to do.
On the way home I stopped at the market for some chicken to grill along with this wonderful marinade from Mrs. Dash. It was a mesquite flavor with a hint of apple. Perfect for chicken. I also needed some charcoal starter and Martha was having a hectic day so I brought her the perfect gift. No, not flowers. Snickers Ice Cream bars. Needless to say the second half of my bike ride home I was pretty weighted down.
I had no overtime today so I got home, put the marinade on the chicken, sprayed out the trash can and disinfected it with bleach. The outside can. It was getting pretty damned gruesome. Then, while the coals were getting hot on the grill I mowed a section of the lawn. With all the rain we hadn't been getting I haven't had to mow in like two months. Now, the rain is back and so is my grass. Oh well, what ya gonna do? Then I put the chicken on to grill.
While that was going I made a new blog that connects with the Penguin Comics site I write for. My editor, Larry Stanley, is in bad shape and the site is showing the strain. He has been hospitalized and had emergency surgery for quite some time now. I can't write code to save my ass so I had our webmaster Ugo Milani link a blog for Penguin Comics to the site. This way I can keep the site updated properly while Larry is recovering. It's a patch at best, but it should work out. I also wrote a review for Cult Cuts about the 1935 serial The Lost City and one for Askew Reviews for the 1973 flick Anita. Very productive now that the overtime is gone. And the best thing is that since I got that raise I can work less and make more anyway. Very cool.
Then we had dinner. The marinated chicken with macaroni and cheese and stuffing. Yummy stuff. After that we watched Hell's Kitchen. It was the big finale and Rock won. I was glad because Bonnie did so not deserve to win.
It felt good getting out of work today at my normal time. Now I need to get going back to Judo class and all will be well with the world.

No comments: