8/6/07

DAY FORTY-ONE

Saturday and we weren't taking the kids to Judo. They were doing testing and we don't think they were ready for it so, there was no real reason for them to go. Martha thought we should take a trip out to the flea market in Paw Paw and I thought that would be super. The kids hadn't been since they were little so it would be an adventure for them.
It was hot and dusty and there was tons of stuff to look at. I spotted a bike for Dennis, but we wanted to keep looking in case we got a better deal. Long story short. we didn't find a better deal and the bike was sold by the time we got back to that stall.
Dan bought a pair of wooden cobras, Dandelion got a new airsoft gun with a laser sight and Dennis thought they were pretty cool so he got one too. Delia, as usual, wanted nothing. She was saving her cash for something good. I saw this four pack of superheroes that were knock offs of Marvel and DC characters in the same package. I almost got them, but forgot. I figured we would get out there again this year so why bother?
After the flea market we went to this bike repair shop off of Oakland Drive that I had remembered seeing earlier. The guy was cool. Sort of a cross between a surfer and Gary Busey. He had some cool bikes, but they were out of our price range. He even let Dennis ride a bike worth eleven hundred dollars! I didn't know bikes got that expensive!
We made a couple more stops before heading home, but the kids got cranky so we went back to The Waltz Compound and I made marinated chicken thighs with rice and broccoli. I found this really great garlic herb with orange marinade that Mrs. Dash makes. Good stuff. It made the whole house smell good.
Even though we hadn't done any of our usual Saturday stuff it was still a pretty busy day.