8/8/07

DAY FORTY-FOUR

Sometimes I cheat on these and write a couple of them in a row. The day gets away from me and it's really my only resort. I will try to avoid this in the future, but no promises. The only promise I can make is that every day of my Forty-fifth year will be chronicled here.
Last night I made some magnificent turkey meatballs (gotta watch that cholesterol!) with a tomato sauce and pasta. I even picked up a loaf of french bread and toasted it with some olive oil and Mrs. Dash to go with it. So, I brought some of that for lunch today. I think the meatballs heat up better a second time.
This morning was rainy. Very rainy, but I was determined to ride my bike. My previous experience with rain was nothing compared to this. My fedora kept my head dry, but the rest of me was soaked and the rain on my glasses tended to distort street lights somewhat, but I made it to work in one piece. I'm seriously considering getting a light for my bike. The days will start to get shorter around here and I plan on riding unless there is snow that I am unable to navigate through.
The rain was almost bathwater warm because of the heat wave we've been having. I walked into the building at work and almost froze they had the air conditioner cranked up. A nice warm shower later and I was good to go. My poor, soaked shoes had to spend the day on the shrink wrapper and I walked around in my sock covered feet. I have a very cool boss and she thought it was pretty funny when she came in and saw my shoes on the shrink wrapper. I might need a second pair of shoes when the weather becomes too inclement for my footwear. Walking around on my flat feet for the day played havoc with my flat feet.
The ride home was dry and hot. I changed back into my shorts and Killdozer t shirt and they were still quite damp and nice and chilly from being in an air conditioned building for eleven hours.
It didn't take too long for them to heat up though and I think I saw steam come off of them on my ride home. In the morning I thought it was to have chili for dinner. I found a great deal on rolls of ground turkey at the store and it sounded good. After that hot twenty minute bike ride it didn't sound as good, but I was determined to make it anyway.
While it simmered I ran down to the local gas station and picked up some milk. Martha loves milk with her chili. Me, not so much, but she likes it and she has felt really crappy the past few days so, I thought she should get what makes her happy. I like it when she's happy.
The chili was great. The first two discs of Season Two of Doctor Who arrived and we watched all of those so, that took up a lot of time.
Dandelion got a new backpack today from summer school. She and Dan will be done with that tomorrow. I think they are looking forward to a few weeks off of school before the real thing starts over.

No comments: