8/6/07

DAY FORTY

Friday! Thank God! After all this overtime it will be sweet to get that Bava book by Tim Lucas, but, man! Do I hate working overtime. There is supposed to be a new guy starting and I will show him the ropes next week so, one more week of overtime unless we get slammed.
I got a call on Wednesday that I needed to call my doctor back. Seems my cholesterol is still bad. I'm not too surprised. Sure, I've been taking meds for it, but I haven't done anything to change my diet. The wanted to put me on Crestor, but I read up on that and I think I'll go with the diet thing and add a little more exercise to the program instead. I've been slouching on my Qigong so I'll be sure to add that in the morning from now on. I went online and discovered that while the oatmeal I start my day with is good I need to up the ante with some flaxseed, extra cinnamon, omega 3 fatty acids and read every label of everything I eat. This will have the side effect of dropping some pounds which I wanted to do anyway, so it will be cool.
Got home and made baked fish with leftover goulash and broccoli. We have been eating in the living room of late, but I think it's time to use our dining room table in the way that it was intended. Kids will hate it for a while, but oh well.
Caught the second half of the Doctor Who episode that was on SciFi and it was pretty cool. They do a good job with sticking to all the past Doctor Who history while making it pretty exciting stuff. Starting next week it should be even better because the new Flash Gordon series starts and it will be on right after Doctor Who. Man, I hope they don't screw it up.
The cholesterol thing bothered me, but I can't let it keep doing that. Change the diet and keep on the meds I have been taking and it should be cool.