8/13/07

DAY FORTY-NINE

It was drag my butt out of bed day. After all the fun of Saturday I was whooped, but I like going to church. I might moan about sleeping in, but I do like the fellowship at our church. Besides, I teach the Sunday school class for adults so, I had to be there.
It was funny, too because the lesson came from Malachi and it talked about tithing and being wholeheartedly in church. If it's a chore then going and acting like that is worse than not going at all. A good lesson that drove the point home to me. I get it, God. Thanks for the subtle reminder. Yeah, subtle like a hammer to the forehead.
After church we went home. People were overtired from yesterday and needed to relax. I wasn't tired and we had books that needed to be returned to the library downtown so, I used it as an excuse to ride my bike. I probably should have changed out of the psychedelic, silk, Grateful Dead shirt because it was pretty hot outside. After making it to the library I made a cooling off pit stop at The Michigan News Agency.
The Michigan News Agency is a little hole in the wall that has nothing but books and magazines. If you have a favorite magazine, they have it. They even carry Video Watchdog, which is so cool. I spent a little time in there soaking up the air conditioning before I made my way home.
Now, I mentioned that it was hot. By the time I made it to the Versluis ballfields, I was steaming. Thankfully, they have a soda machine so, one Coke Zero later I was ready to finish my ride.
The kids were loud and obnoxious while I was gone so, Martha informed me that it was time to go shopping. I suggested Walmart because I needed some new DVD-R's. While we were there we saw the coolest video camera for Delia for her birthday. It was only fifty bucks and you could upgrade it;s memory for only twenty bucks. Too cool. She has been working on a movie idea for quite some time so, I think this will be the perfect gift.
It was around this time that I realized we had to go over to Stew's house to pick up some paperwork and my cooler because we were in charge of the sodas for Charlie's party. So, we did that and headed home.
I made a pork fried rice, with brown rice, of course. It turned out good. The pork was leftovers from the pig roast so I made sure to get no fat with the stuff I took home. It turned out quite tasty.
Then I turned on the DVD player and made the kids watch the pilot episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century with Gil Gerard. I thought it held up pretty well for what it was, but the girls got bored quick.
Sunday, for being kind of a lazy day felt like it was as busy as Saturday. Oh well, what can I say? Tomorrow life goes back to normal. No overtime. Just plain old forty hours. But, with that raise I got it will pay off rather well. Yippee!

No comments: