8/13/07

DAY FORTY-EIGHT

Saturday! Wooooooooooooo! Got up late, like nine or something. When you're used to getting up at five AM everyday, nine is sleeping in. I made pancakes for Martha and the kiddies. I tried sprinkling some flax seed in my pancakes. Next time I think I need to fold it into the batter to make it work better. I got ahold of some Omega-3 capsules that are the size of a freaking space shuttle. Who do these people think I am, Linda Lovelace? (For everyone reading this that didn't get that reference, leave. Do it right now, you disgust me.)
We had a date to go out to Ramona Park for Stew's big guy, Charlie's birthday. Charlie is a big Star Wars fan and we got him an action figure set with Chewbacca and Han Solo in a Stormtrooper outfit. It even came with a comic book. I also finished Stew's Jess Franco set for him. I agonized over the cover and finally got it the way I want it. Hopefully, he will dig the awesomeness that is Jess Franco. Jess, you either get him or you don't.
The party was big fun and the kids had a blast. We left there to go to the pig roast out at Pastor John and Missy's horse farm in Hastings. We were there for a couple of hours and the kids' faces started getting pretty red even with sunscreen and other children were starting to grate my last nerve so, we headed home.
We packed a lot of stuff into a short time of day. It was fun, but exhausting at the same time. My Saturdays always seem to be so busy.

No comments: