12/6/07

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-ONE

Cancelled my doctor's appointment. All it was was to go over my meds and make any changes we agreed on and since I'm doing labs in January I decided that it could wait. Nothing life threatening going on anyway so it saves me a twenty dollar co pay.
Left work at three and went home, did a huge amount of dishes and made some food. Then it was off to Judo!
I read my book while the kids did their session and then rubbed Martha's feet for a little while. Then it was time to get on the mat!
We worked on escapes from guard and foot sweeps. We did some line throws and things looked good until I got thrown. When someone throws you and you land always, always, always remember to keep your legs apart. It helps displace the force of impact and it prevents you from playing a vicious round of The Nutcracker on your...well, you know. Anyway, I have been thrown for years and always land pretty good. Yeah, some reason my legs stayed together and, needless to say, I was incapacitated for the rest of the session. man, that hurt!
Went home, made some tea and got the children ready for bed. None of them ate dinner so they all wanted food. We cobbled together some of this and that and let them go at it. Then it was time for sleeping.
Tomorrow is a lots of overtime day. Yippee!

No comments: